Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Thinking Tonight About My Body and Its Condition



I tend to eat wrong during the year-end holidays. Then, at the beginning of each new year, I try to reverse my pattern. Last year, I re-trained my appetite after a household member passed on and I had no excuse regarding food choices. However, the past few weeks have seen me revert back to old patterns.

I looked back at two earlier posts I’d written concerning my body and its condition I decided I had said it all in both cases, and very well for my own purposes. So, I will not re-write them, but I’ll give you the links so you can enjoy them.

The first one, written in 2011, when my nephew was still here with me and I was even plumper than I am now, is titled “About These Bodies That God Has Given Us On Loan”, and the link is here. I was very frank in this one about my food choices at that time. I made some promises to myself. Sadly, I did not keep them.

The other one, written even earlier, in 2010, is even more frank as to how I’ve used and abused my poor body, and how I planned to change. That one is called “My Body’s Rightful Owner,” and the link is here.

As you can see, I still need to refer to these, and I should bookmark them or something, so that I force myself to read them. At first I thought that should be annually. Seeing how weak I am, I think it should be monthly. Daily?

Father in Heaven, you can see that I realize I do not own my body. You can see from these posts that I know it is only on loan to me. You can further see that I admit to blatantly abusing this gift of life. But you can also see that I want to change many of my health patterns. Please continue to bless me with whatever grace I need so that I can become better and better at taking care of myself. 

No comments: