When I make these crosses, I do it assembly-line-style in a way. I take a template I've saved, a rectangle without the cross shape yet cut and I use that to know where to make my cut for the "blanks." I cut strips from all of the sheets. Then I take the strips and cut those down further into the cross-shape-blanks. And then, last, I finally cut out the shapes.
I had quite a few sheets. Sunday I started. I did manage to cut all of them into strips. And I did manage to cut 51 blanks - I'll start with just those. I've already cut 3 of them into the cross shapes. I still have ribbon-lengths which I've pre-cut for the weaving, maybe enough for the first dozen or so crosses.
I'll work on them off and on but once I've begun, it's easier to grab them at odd moments and do a few at a time. I love how these look. I've seen patterns around and most of them have smooth edges but the first one I received, back in 1996, had the jagged edges. I like those. It reminded me of his suffering and worked in this context.
Then, today, I finished a pair of crocheted slippers... I have several on my to-do list and will fit those in off and on. The ones in the photo are from my old Etsy shop days, not the ones I just finished.