Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Projects for Kids and Adults


Bow Tie Paper Clip Bookmarks
The kids will be out of school soon and parents and other sitters will be going nutz trying to keep them occupied in cheap and easy ways. Below I will list some places on my blog where you can find projects to make this easy. Everything I send you to will be free except for the supplies. In many cases, the supplies will be things you have around the home. Many of these posts will lead you to other projects.

In most cases, also, browsing the lists will also give you ideas for summer gifts for events like graduation, Father's Day, and various birthdays and anniversaries.

I decided to post this one when I finished up an order for some of my beverage cozies in my Etsy shop. See, I also have the pattern, free, for crocheters, here on my blog, tagged "free pattern." That led me to realize how many other things I've already posted that can satisfy summer project needs.

Do NOT lock yourself out of ideas by saying, "Well, she tagged those as Christmas gifts." Many projects can be used in many ways.

Anyhow, you can scroll down my right sidebar and click on "Free Pattern," "Christmas Gift Projects, "Easter/SpringDIY, "Valentine Projects," "Foam Shapes," and so on. The "Foam Shapes" post might be especially great for idle little hands. You can find BUCKETS of these in all craft shops and craft departments, cheap.

Most projects do NOT require a special skill like crocheting, knitting, or even heavy sewing.

Speaking of graduation gifts, a novelty gift would be my Money Tree Seeds (just search on my blog). True, they are simply shiny pennies, but they remind the graduate of the value of thrifty ways because of the verse you put with it.

I had planned to eventually make a gallery with photos that you could just click on, but, my friends, that day is still a little ways off (sigh).

No comments: