Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Pumpkin Butter in a Jar

Oh my, oh my, oh my! This one has my mouth watering just reading it. Tonight's idea for a handmade Christmas gift is a jar of Pumpkin Butter. This ongoing series (9/21-12/24) has me finding all kinds of great stuff.

Although this was posted as a Thanksgiving gift, pumpkins sail right on through the end of the year and canned pumpkin is available all year long. This is SO easy to mix up and cook. Canning is not needed. You will love the easy preparation.

Angela, at Oh She Glows, a vegan recipe blog, has the tute here. I'm not sure how many jars will make it out of my home, though.

I'll try to pick an easy, ready to use, food item once a week in this series. I will not be posting anything that needs to be baked by the recipient. I like to give gifts they can use right from the jar, like the mocha coffee mix in a jar or the peppermint chocolate pretzel sticks, already posted. I found tonight's idea at TipJunkie.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway (deadline Oct 31) for $25 in handcrafted merchandise from my Etsy store.

No comments: