Sunday, July 4, 2021

July 4th Treat Bags This Year

Most of you know that for over a decade I've made holiday treat bags and give them out inside our senior mobile home park. Years ago, I made 15 or more at a time. Time has taken its toll and some of my recipients have either passed on or moved on. This year I made 10.  But hey, I'm 81 now and this lower number is a lot more manageable and still no pressure.

I made sure EVERYTHING in those bags was either red, white OR blue, or red, white AND blue! I delivered them in scattered fashion this week because of everyone's lifestyles and schedules but I delivered the final two this morning.

I always give out bags of silly, sappy stuff which my friends put up with.

The bags always contain at least ONE hand-made by me item. It might be anything - a coaster, dishcloth, bookmark, hot pad, potholder, hanging dish towel, whatever works for me at that time.

This time, I made red/white/blue small beverage cozies and plopped a wee bottle of apple juice inside. I also made red/white/blue coasters. So I made 10 cozies and 10 coasters during the past week.

In one plastic glass I put a small cup of red/white/blue candy corn and candy gummi rings and candy gummi bears, plus a pink/white/blue icing Lil Debbie Unicorn cake. In the other plastic glass, I plopped 3 little cups: red cherries, white cheddar cheese chunks, and blue-berries.

They go to our Office staff, our current, active charity crafting group, our former newsletter delivery team folks, and a neighbor/friend or two or three.

Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe 4th of July!

Rolling along...

No comments: