Thursday, June 10, 2021

Zucchini, Grapes and Things, Oh My!

Well, it wasn't a bad day.

I emptied an old lockbox that had my mom and stepdad's old papers in it. I got rid of those and found a friend who could use it, so I passed it along.

Rinsed, plucked and plopped 2 lbs. of seedless red grapes into 3 jars and into freezer

Got the two trash buckets out to the curb and later brought them back in. Ours are so easy to roll even though they are quite large.

Made coffee for 4 days.

And my biggest project was zucchini. A friend blessed me with 13 of these! Pix of how I always cut them and prep them for nuking are here. It took 2 of my 4 qt. microwave bowls to do them all, and when they were done, I ended up with 10 cottage cheese containers for the upright freezer. I will use one a week in my weekly 6-day-veggie-omelet, so I've got enough for a few months!

I need to do about 9 very large orange/red bell peppers in the next day or two. I do those with a few onions, in olive oil, and freeze portions of those as well. Then when I am ready to make my omelets, I just defrost a tub of prepped zucchini and a jar of peppers & onions, and the rest of the ingredients are no trouble at all. I love having the things ready to grab and use.


My legs and feet do yell at me towards the ends of those sessions, but as long as I can still do it, it's worth it.

Rolling along...

No comments: