Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Reasonably Productive Day...

Not a bad day. Got some odds and ends done.

Weeks ago, I had frozen some fruits in jars and into the freezer. Today, I took one jar of diced strawberries and pureed it for yogurt add-in's. I made 2 tubs of sugar free Jello (about 4 cups) and will snack on that off and on over the coming week or two. I took 4 pieces of Gortons Fish Sandwich pieces, tossed them into the toaster oven, and froze two now that they are cooked, and the other two are for today and tomorrow. I took a 3 lb. bag of apples, rinsed them, cut/diced, nuked; into 3 jars. They will go into oatmeal every other day. The days I don't have oatmeal (which I cook ahead and have it ready just to portion out, add fruit and low fat milk, and nuke it), I have oat based cold cereal and fruit and low fat milk.

I went out into the shed and brought in two ice chests. I expect I might have some upcoming medical issues and appointments and such, so I want to defrost my upright freezer this week or next so I can pack it with easy stuff for days of possible fatigue. I use the chest to hold the food while defrosting. I also brought in 2 of those aluminum roaster pans with the wire holder/handles - I place them on the freeze shelves and they easily catch the drips and chunks of ice. Our heat over here in Vegas has already been in triple-digits for more than a week. The rest of this week, it will be 90s, so it was a good time to enter that aluminum shed which can get really hot inside during summer.

Also relaxed here and there and crocheted, worked on a baby jacket for the charity crafting stash.

All in all, not bad...

Rolling along...

No comments: