Wednesday, June 16, 2021

One Step At a Time

After I spent most of the day on Saturday in real physical activity defrosting a 3-yr buildup of glacier-thick ice in my old but faithful upright freezer, I was wasted. So, Sun., Mon. Tue., and today, I did some things (aside from all the routine things we all do every day) that were not as strenuous but which made me feel I at least did something.

Sunday, I packed a tub of cottage cheese into 6 servings for the fridge; I take one of the little containers each day and add some applesauce and some crushed pineapple and it's a great grab-and-eat snack. I also pureed some blueberries and will add a tablespoon or two at a time to my already made batches of yogurt-beet-peaches smoothies, another healthy but delish grab-and-go snack. I also made a big batch of carrot-raisin-avocado salad, got 4 cups out of that, into the fridge, and I use it as a side dish or a snack. And a friend picked up some extra food that I don't use but he does, which I had from a food pantry pickup.

Then, Monday, I drove across town to the podiatry nail technician for my 3-month trimming of toenails. I am not able to do that any longer, safely, for myself, so that was easy but took up the morning. About all I did that day in addition was toss 3 one-gallon jugs of water into my water-crock's big jug and upend it on top... I can still do that easily.

Tuesday, I went to Smiths for a small fill-in trip, Walgreens for same, and then to Great Clips when they opened at 8. Haven't had a haircut since February and with this triple digit heat, I really wanted it off my neck.  When I came home, I made one of my 6 day veggie omelets. I had already defrosted a tub of cooked zucchini pieces and a tub of bell-peppers & onions, so it was easy to just add the rest. I also made coffee for 4 days, finished a crocheted baby jacket for our charity crafters, and called it a day.

Today, I took coolers back outside to the back shed. I used them to hold the food Saturday during defrosting. I rinsed and plucked 2 lbs. of red seedless grapes into jars for the freezer, took a head of cauliflower (it's been in the fridge a few days) and nuked/steamed it, and packed it into 4 containers for the freezer. A friend is coming by today to pick up 2 huge bags of clothes someone passed along to me so I took them to the back door, ready for when she gets here. I also steamed a bag of frozen brussels sprouts and packed into 3 jars for the freezer for quick and easy defrosting when needed. And one of my charity crafters is dropping off a bag full of scarves later this afternoon and will pick up a bag of yarn for her next batch. I just packed that yarn for her.

So, even though it was nothing hard, I feel I did get some things done. I still have a really long to-do list - still need to nuke and freeze two 3-lb. bags of apples and 14 big bell peppers (red, yellow, orange) to sauté in olive oil and then freeze. 
Rolling along...

No comments: