Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween Treat Bags This Year

Most of you know that for almost a decade I've made holiday treat bags and give them out inside our senior mobile home park. Years ago, I made 15 or more at a time. Time has taken its toll and some of my recipients have either passed on or moved on. I'm down to 8 but hey, I'm 81 now and that is a lot more manageable and still no pressure.

For many months now, I have not done these because of various pandemic issues in our community and in the world. I got antsy - I missed it - I had to do it again.

So, yesterday and today I gave out 8 bags of silly, sappy stuff which my friends put up with.

The bags always contain at least ONE hand-made by me item. It might be anything - a coaster, dishcloth, bookmark, hot pad, potholder, hanging dish towel, whatever works for me at that time.

This year, I made these really cute Candy Corn Coasters. I adapted them from a pattern for a stuffed candy corn thingie. I just made one "side" instead of two and when I got to the top with white, I just kept coming all around in a single crochet to give it stability and make it lie flat. I was really surprised at how they turned out.

In the bag I also tossed miniature candies, cheeses, printed puzzles (mazes, word searches), and because I forgot to pick up the candy-corn-pumpkin-candies, I painted jack-o-lantern faces with a sharpie on Cuties. Had fun.

They go mostly to our Office staff, our current, active charity crafting group, and our former newsletter delivery team folks.

Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Halloween!

Rolling along...

No comments: