Saturday, October 31, 2020

Tri-Color Baby Jacket - The Story - LOL

Those of you who crochet know the feeling. I'm calling this jacket my "The Yarn-I-Thought-I-Had-Enough-of-in-the Color-I-Needed-But-I-Was-Wrong" Jacket - Yep, you all know that feeling!

Started with white. Was absolutely CERTAIN I had enough white. Didn't take long to know I was wrong.

Grabbed nice perky hot pink and was absolutely CERTAIN I had enough to finish jacket. Didn't take long to know I was wrong.

Finally found another pink, a lighter shade, to finish sleeves. Thankfully I was finally right. (sigh)

The good thing is, it is a great pattern for changing colors, our group's favorite baby jacket pattern.

We also love it for the desperate young Moms-in-need that get these from the local charity we donate them to. Those moms usually either don't have time to hand wash fancy things or they don't even know how to handwash fancy things and most would never even think of it.

Added to that, the pattern uses a sturdy but not bulky string (chain stitch) tie which is very forgiving no matter whether baby is small or large, and no tiny buttons for mom to fuss with if baby is crying or fussing.

Yep - love, love, love this pattern.

Rolling along...

No comments: