Friday, October 25, 2019

My Heart is Heavy Tonight

It's not appropriate for me to go into any detail at the moment, but I've just learned that a dear friend is now in hospice at home. I'll explain later after I talk with the family a bit more tomorrow. But for now, I am stunned. We thought there would be more time than there is.
For now, I pray for my friend and for her loved ones.

This is a very special woman and our friendship goes back to January of '09, a long time ago. Jane was still alive then, but passed on a month later. Lost one friend, gained one.

Sweet Lord Jesus, you had friends here and watched them suffer and you understand what this family and my friend are going through. Please comfort each one in whatever way they need most. And when I visit them tomorrow, please fill me with enough compassion and wisdom to know what to say. This is very hard for me to take...

No comments: