Thursday, February 21, 2019

Updates, Appointments, and Stuff, Oh My...Next Week or Two


My brain hurts... well, not really. But I spent lots of time on the phone and online searches today for lots of paperwork and such. Aside from what I managed to do today, mentioned further along, I still need to complete paperwork for a visit to County offices, hopefully next week. I must renew my food stamps, energy assistance, and Medicare premium programs. One set is 17 pages, the other two are only a few pages. Each requires separate and different documentation. I'll be copying everything and anything. I hope to get to that this weekend.

Medically I still have a few more appointments to set. I must also get the car smogged and registration renewed before the 13th. Today, though I did get some things done. I printed calendar sheets for the next few months, one set for medical, one for bills. I keep them on a clipboard and they keep me on track.

I spent time on a lot of phone calls. One that took a while was about my PayPal debit card. When I had my Etsy shop, I had it for that account but I kept it when I closed my Etsy setup. In December, it expired and I finally got someone Feb. 5th, on the phone, who agreed to send a new one. He said 7 business days. Today I called again. This time, she said he apparently never sent it and also never documented that I even made that call. Once again, it's supposed to be on the way.

I also called and got an appointment next month for a mammogram and ultrasound follow-up for the lumpectomy. Once that was made, I called the surgeon for her appointment for two weeks after those tests. I still need to call for their free ride for the surgeon; I'm not comfy driving to that location. I still need to track down a current dermatologist since our medical plan changed a bit and the former one is no longer in that plan. I didn't find that out until I called today. I had to call the plan after that and request a fresh directory of current providers, which should arrive in a few days. Then I can contact my primary care guy and get a referral and then call for an appointment.

I also called my insurance gal and asked about a letter I just got from the car insurance carrier about this next year's premiums. It appears to be about $30 more a month. She says almost all carriers are boosting premiums by at least 3% upon renewal and my carrier was less than most.

In between phone calls and online searches, I used the toaster oven to cook some frozen fish filets for a few days for the fridge, and made coffee for 3 days.
Rolling along...

No comments: