Friday, February 22, 2019

Prayers for My Brother's Next Step


Time now to finish up on my brother's Stage 1 Prostate Cancer treatment. On March 4, he goes to have "gold seed markers" inserted and will then begin 2 solid months of radiation treatments, 5 days a week.

The biggest problem they face is transportation. They are way out of town. Their first road to the highway is a 15 mile dirt road, then the highway another 10 miles, then the town with the radiation facility.

On 4 of the days, his wife will drop him off, do the things she's committed to locally, then go back and pick him up and take him all the way back home, then go finish her commitments.

On Thursdays, he will have to drive himself into town in their old '69 stick pickup, and back home. The concern I have is that because the two of them worked for decades, side by side, in roofing and siding contracting, their backs and legs are messed up. He has pain in his legs and I worry about knee jerks, etc., along the way.

So, my friends, I pray that you can lift them in prayer, for safety, for great timing, for easy commutes each time. Of course, I also pray that the treatments will be easy on him, and successful.

Sweet Lord Jesus, our healer, please look compassionately upon my brother and his wife. Protect them on their journeys for these treatments, in all ways, and please look their way with your healing glance. We trust in you.

No comments: