Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thank You, Father, for Little Joys

Father, I wanted to begin by thanking you for keeping our home warm and dry through this all-day rain. I'm grateful that my friend's roof patch a month or so ago is still good.

But even more, I was thinking that I had a lot of fun and pleasure this morning by scooting around in the Park and dropping off little begs of Valentine treats.

I seem to be unable to "not" do this for most holidays. I usually make up a dozen or more bags. I just plop little treats (candies, etc.) into a plastic cup, and add some other things. It's never anything that's a big deal or costly.

Many times I toss in something I made - either a verse on a laminated bookmark, or a crocheted item (coaster, whatever). Sometimes I find some great holiday-themed puzzles to print and pack in the bag - mazes, word searches, whatever. I have a small variety of cookie cutters I'm picked up at dollar stores and I often have fun making little shapes cut from cheese slices or meats, for those who do not eat candies or sweets.

Yes, it was raining hard, but it was only rain - not a t-storm. And I dressed appropriately.

Anyhow, Father, I want to thank you for letting me still get such pleasure from putting these together and dropping them off to friends and neighbors and Park staff.

Often, this small pleasure can be the most satisfying and the longest-lasting and deepest in feeling. Thank you!

No comments: