Saturday, November 17, 2018

What Yesterday's Frustration Taught Me

Yesterday's post (here...) might have made it sound as though I was feeling down all day. That's not accurate. Like all humans, when something unpleasant comes our way, we have a knee jerk reaction - fast and furious. Thankfully, over the many years I've been on this earth, I've learned to ditch negative feelings as quickly as possible - sometimes more quickly than others.

Anyhow, by the time I climbed into bed, I had already rehashed the day and was very grateful for several things.

My I-V - normally, because my veins were blown with all the chemo I had in '99, they have an awful time inserting an IV. For my lumpectomy last winter, 3 different nurses tried until one of them was successful. Friday, the nurse I was blessed with got it in one quick almost-painless try! How wonderful is that?

Results - although I'm not thrilled with the thought of another one of these in 3 years, I'd rather something be discovered early and be easier to treat. That is a real blessing.

My Post - By posting my initial frustration, I learned of two dear friends who suffer similar repetitive tests because of their own various conditions. I now have them on my prayer list for those special needs. And it gave others a chance to voice their ideas and concerns. Also, several folks posted tips that will help me swallow that potion the next time around, if I need another one.

My Healthy Efforts - although eating healthy and trying to lead a healthy life these days did not keep this from happening, I honestly believe it would have been far worse if I were not watching myself in these ways.

Sweet Lord Jesus, thank you so much for always being there for me, for us. Please watch over those two friends with all their future tests. And thank you for filling my heart and mind with the blessings hidden in the brief clouds. We trust in you.

No comments: