Tuesday, September 25, 2018

What a Day, but I Survived


Many of my friends are really suffering tonight, in many different ways, so I hesitate to even call my day a "bad day." 

What it was, though, was a mess of complications. I started out for an appointment for my 3-year colonoscopy "consult." It's way across town. When I turned the car on, the tire pressure icon lit - that has never happened before. There's a shop, not my former guy for the old car, a few blocks along my intended route. Pulled in; they checked the pressure, added air, and sent me on my way. When I got to the medical facility, and left an hour later, and turned on the car, that silly icon lit up again.

It goes out immediately but it still worried me. So instead of going right home (I had work to do on the park newsletter), I detoured another 10 miles to the dealer. They pulled it in and said something about sensor settings, checked the pressure, and after 20 minutes, they sent me on my way. The car was already running when I got in for home. At home, when I parked, something nagged at me so I turned it off and on again. Now the tire pressure icon, the engine icon, and the ABS icon all light on the dash when it turns on but they go out immediately. Now I don't know whether to worry or not.

Anyhow, I made my changes to the newsletter and had to make a few calls because tomorrow I print it and we had some issues with the number I printed last month. The count was off and they barely had enough to deliver. So I took the time to call 2 of the delivery folks, printed my notes, and sat and did some math. Along the way, I constructed our "events calendar" for the back page. That's tricky but just requires focus.

Along the way, I had defrosted some pre-soaked beans from the freezer and I assembled a crock pot to cook over night - I plan to pack those tomorrow for beans for sides, for the freezer.

I'm beat but I did get some things done. Now to stop worrying about the car for a day or so. Tomorrow I go nowhere while I do the printing and some other things.

There are at least a half a dozen of my friends who have big worries on their minds right now and I need to keep them in my heart and prayers... their troubles are far worse than mine at present.
Rolling along...

No comments: