Thursday, September 27, 2018

Newsletter Week Means a Little Less of Other Activity

Not very productive yesterday and today, but I did cover my monthly volunteer newsletter commitments in order.

Yesterday, I printed the 400+ copies. I do that in batches because the output tray is limited. I set the number of copies it will hold and hit Print. Ten minutes later, when I hear it stop (I"m usually in another room doing something or other), I go in and remove that batch, hit Print, and do something else. After every 2nd batch, I re-load the paper. It usually takes about 1-1/2 hours of that every-10-minutes routine but it's not hectic, just necessary. I almost managed to make coffee for 6 days (drank 1 so that's really 5 days ahead), rinsed and plucked 2 lbs. of red seedless grapes for the fridge and cereal, took the trash to the curb for the next day, diced and nuked 1/3 of the apples (made two 3-cup batches for the fridge, cereal, etc.), and after the overnight crock pot beans cooled, I packed them into 5-1/2 peanut butter jars for sides.

Today, I stapled all the newsletters. That usually takes me 1-1/2 hours. Years ago, I used to do the printing and the stapling all the same day and it really seemed like a bothersome job. When I space it out, it's still a comfy level of activity. I also took some dry milk and mixed up enough for a half gallon for the fridge for a few days.

Tomorrow morning is taken up with the Friday charity crafters, and when I come home, I must roll 160 newsletter so I can deliver them to porch railings on Sat. and Sun. mornings.  I love how cool our mornings have finally become. Out here, the 70s for overnight is delightful.

And next week will be earmarked almost totally for hunting/gathering/prepping for the park wide yard sale the first weekend in October.
Rolling along...

No comments: