Thursday, September 27, 2018

Some Odd Little Prayers in My Heart These Days

There have been a few folks and their worries that have occupied my heart and prayers recently

One surprised me with the comment that she has no reason to hold on anymore and would be ready to "go" if that happened. I worried about that. I am all for us not prolonging life past reasonable quality of life, but I always hope folks can still enjoy some of their days even up to the last moment.

Her situation has me saying the same type of prayer that I do for another friend. This one is a tad younger than I am but sometimes doesn't even get out of bed on some days. This was an active friend up 'til that past year or so. This bothers me.

My prayers for them, as well as for several I know who suffer strong spells of depression, are pretty much asking the Lord to fill their hearts with love and purpose and peace of mind. I feel so helpless in these cases.

The other friend's loved one is on low income assistance and disability. Because of an accident that resulted in metal and screws in one arm, it results in severe pain. Medical coverage no longer covers pain meds strong enough to help. They are going to try to make other arrangements for coverage. Life is not easy when you have medical or other issues and are low income.

So my heart is often heavy, wishing I could do more for them.

Sweet Lord Jesus, I ask for your compassion and mercy for these people, folks I care about, and good people at that. Please fill each of them with hope and with the peace that surpasseth all understanding. Help them to find purpose where that is needed. Help the one household to be able to switch their coverage without incident or worry. Help those in depression to feel your love and to let it seep into their hearts and minds. Just help them, please? We trust in you.

No comments: