Saturday, September 22, 2018

Thankful for Things to Do

There are mornings when I really do not want to get up or to do anything at all, not even to make something to eat. Thankfully, the Lord has provided me with quite a few things that need my attention each day. They give my life purpose. Left to my own devices, I would spend every day simply eating (not cooking, just eating), crocheting, and watching the boob tube. That would be delightful. But it would ruin me and my bod and my life.

Thankfully, He has provided me with a rescue cat that fears other humans and depends on me.

He has provided me with the motivation these past four years to take care of my health so that I can be here to take care of her. At my age, I'm only on one pill for blood pressure. Other lab tests are borderline but under control without meds IF, and that's a big IF, I make sure to eat healthy about 3/4 of the day. That requires prep and time and effort.

He has guided me into running a small but very happy and surprisingly productive charity crafting team. But it requires attention, clerical upkeep, and gathering supplies and finished projects and making sure they are distributed to the local needy.

He has kept me interested in the voluntary writing, editing, printing, stapling, and partial delivery of our monthly park newsletter.

This morning, much as I really didn't want to leave the house, I ran out for litter and a few things at Smiths, rolled over to the post office to mail 4 sympathy cards (I'm also our park's "Sunshine Lady" for sympathy and get well wishes), down to Walgreens for the current season's flu shot (I need to stay healthy), and up to Walmart (for paper for the upcoming newsletter and a few other things I only get there). By the time I got home, what used to be a simple no-strain trip found me a bit worn out - not terribly so, but more than I would have been a few years ago.

Still, I did those things and a few more later in the day after I rested. And I am very grateful that, at present, there is no crisis needing my attention.

Heavenly Father, I am very very grateful for the gentle (all things considered) projects you place in my path. These commitments do keep me moving along from day to day and I thank you so much for keeping them reasonably easy for me to control.

No comments: