Saturday, September 22, 2018

Busy Prepping for Upcoming Park Wide Yard Sale

Our senior mobile home park's Fall sale is coming up. I have been very busy trying to get all my ducks in a row for 10/5, 6, 7 - it's not just gathering "stuff." In my case, at my age and with my limits, few as they are, I must get other things done before that as well as the hunting-and-gathering.

Food is one big concern. That final week before the sale, I am usually in rapid fire action with the "stuff." Between packing cartons for outside, taking some outside ahead of time, getting folding tables out of the shed and walking them all across the back of my double wide and onto the back drive area, and so on, I do not feel like cooking or prepping food that preceding week or the weekend itself. I have been carefully prepping food along the way.

This includes meals during that prep week and meals on the weekend as well. I need things I can grab in a hurry, on the spur of the moment, and either defrost or nuke. I will have yogurt smoothies, for sure, and a jug of solar tea. I already hit a sale at Smiths and grabbed a bunch of Healthy Choice dinners and steamers. I rarely get convenience foods these days but if I do, it's usually Healthy Choice and/or Lean Cuisine.

I've got a few recycled peanut butters jars of rinsed, plucked red seedless grapes in the freezer to grab for snacks. I'll have coffee made ahead and into, again, peanut butter jars, for that week and weekend, easy to grab and heat.

One day early this week, I grabbed a larger non-stick skillet than I usually use and made a big batch of my typical veggie omelet. I divided that into 6 and tossed those into the freezer. I will try to do one more batch before next weekend. That way, I have a healthy great tasting breakfast to go for those days.

Anyhow, that's only the start. I have been trying to do all my "outside" running around over the past week, paying bills, shopping for miscellaneous stuff (tp, detergent, anything I will not want to run out for when I am really busy).

The thing is, yes, I am doing pretty well, physically, at 79. But I do have limits - in stamina, fortitude, motivation, and just plain life issues. My days of really wonderful mutli-tasking are fading. I can only do a few things each day so I try to make them count. Food pantries are done; produce from same is finally all rinsed. Must still dice and cook a few pounds of apples. And I am trying to get the charity crafting projects finished by our team under control before then.

In a way, it all gets me moving each day; but I find I stop moving a little earlier each day as the months roll along...

No comments: