Saturday, September 8, 2018

Great Morning: Free Smoke Alarms; Free Treats!


Can't beat this morning for great "stuff."

Smoke alarms: 
Our senior mobile home park management partnered with the local Red Cross and anyone who called the Office to get on the list was treated to up to 3 smoke alarms, properly positioned and installed. My double wide's layout qualified for 3. They didn't remove the old hard wired one so I'll have a guy come in and do that and cap those wires after he takes it down. 
Now, because they are on the ceiling, and I am only 5'2" or less, I must find a pole that will reach their 2 buttons (one "test" and one "shut up for 8 minutes while the smoke dissipates"). Being vertically challenged has its issues. It will be interesting to see how sensitive they are. These are 10 years alarms, no removable batteries. So if I'm still alive at 89, I will need to change the units.

Treats: 
Took advantage of 2 more birthday freebies from online restaurant sites.

At IHOP, I got a full stack of double blueberry pancakes and when I left with half of those, they also gave me a scoop of ice cream to take with me. At home, I divided the pancakes into 4 portions and froze it. I don't eat pancakes often but nice to be able to grab a small portion from time to time.

At Baskin Robbins, I got a free scoop of mint chocolate chip, in a cup (your choice of that or a cone), and am eating that as I write this. Cool. Literally!

It's just a few minutes past Noon, so I will relax before tackling anything else in here today.
In the morning, I use the last of my birthday freebies and get a great breakfast at Black Bear Diner.
Rolling along...

No comments: