Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Silkie is So Tired Today


We had our first real monsoon rain last night. It began around 9/9:30 as a strong windy t-storm with heavy almost sideways blowing rain until almost midnight - then it settled down to a very steady heavy rain until almost 3am. 

Silkie was awake until almost 3am so she is very sleepy today. She fears the thunder, the strong winds, and the pounding, driving rain. She’ll find a spot almost out in the open and flatten herself on the rug and hang on for dear life. When I pass by her, normally she will meow quietly for me to bend down and stroke her - it’s our ritual. But in “cringe” mode, she just lies there.

She also ate absolutely nothing between 9 last night and around 5 this morning. For her, that is unheard of. So she is both sleepy and starvingly hungry. Poor baby.

I haven't had reason to drive around this morning so I don't know if any awnings took a hit here in our senior mobile home park but my porch stuff is still there. We will be prone to, and expecting, these afternoon/night-time storms for the next few weeks. No sense spraying until after the season is over because the next rain washes it away, but I do walk my lot after a day or two of dry spells and pull any weedlings that pop up...

I was up until after midnight myself. During these July/Aug/Sep monsoon storms, we often lose power in here. I can manage so long as I don’t step on the cat while I am setting up batteried lanterns and such. But I always worry about my friends in here. Many are on 24/7 oxygen and on other electric medical devices. A power outage is very worrisome for them. Often, it will hit one area of the city one afternoon/night, and another the other times.

I also think I need to call my go-to guy in here to caulk around one back bedroom set of windows. I’m getting tired of changing wet rolled towels on the skinny window ledge. It’s not a lot of water coming in and it’s been doing that for years. The last time my guy was here, he was very willing to do it when I am ready. I am ready...
Rolling along...

No comments: