Sunday, July 8, 2018

Enjoying Eating

It’s been nice the past few days. On the 5th, I tried using Sea Bond cushions on my dentures to hold them in place more securely and to alleviate some of the soreness. The first night, after a joy-filled day of enjoying everything I ate, I did have some aching and a mild headache at the back of my neck.

Friday, the 6th, at our Charity Crafter session, I even ate, for the first time, again, in many many months, some simple pretzel sticks brought in by the only other member with the group as long as I’ve had it going.

Yesterday was even better. The cushions were still working but even with those, toward mid-day and end of day, there was some looseness. But again, I enjoyed everything I ate.

Today, I even ate some of my beloved Pop Weaver microwave popcorn from Walmart. I have not been able to eat that for 14 months. What a treat. I only had 1/4 of the bag. I am trying not to go crazy. At this point, the headache at the back of my neck is almost unnoticeable.

This coming Thursday I am scheduled for an adjustment at the dental office. Even if they are still just a little loose (I’d rather loose than too much, resulting in something they cannot correct), I will be thrilled using the cushions for the rest of my days on this earth... the thing is, you have no idea how good this feels. I dealt with eating without bottoms for almost a year and a half and when I look back, I don’t know how I managed to make myself enjoy food at that time.

Now I must just be careful to explain to them that I’d rather they err, in the adjustment (which I guess is adding more lining) on the side of less, than of more.
Rolling along...

No comments: