Thursday, July 26, 2018

Fridge is Fixed - Happy Days!

Two days ago, I finally decided to not chance my local “guy” for the fridge repair. Having dealt with replacement of the fan motor as recently as December, I thought it best to get a pro to tell me if this water accumulation under the bins was expected or whether this was a lemon and I should just deal with replacing the whole fridge.

He was here yesterday and fixed it and was out, all in half an hour. HOWEVER, apparently the drain was clogged so badly that he couldn’t do it the quick way by just removing the wall from inside the top freezer section. He had to take off the back of the fridge. 

Seems dust and pet hair can enter from the grill at the bottom front of the fridge. The water was that which dripped down the back wall of the fridge to collect down there. I never even noticed that because we all have “stuff” up against the back walls of our fridge. Well, most of use do.

I have a mat on the floor there, in front of the fridge, in case I accidentally spill something when getting it from the fridge. Well, Silkie loves to sleep there lots of times. So, methinks I will just take my little dust buster and at least suck that grill clear once a month or so.

This guy said that the fridge is 6 years old but that this can happen at any time, depending on the conditions. And he said that having the fan motor trouble after 6 years was not that unusual - he said he frequently sees troubles with appliances that are only 2 years old.

So, thankfully, I no longer need to wring out the towel underneath the bins morning and night. Very nice feeling...

I do know myself, though, and I’ll probably be checking under those bins every so often anyhow.
Rolling along...

No comments: