Thursday, August 2, 2018

Rapid-Fire Heartfelt Silent Prayer Answered!

Wow, did I get a scare this morning! I went out for litter and a few fill-in things at the store and on the way back, I picked up 3 days’ mail. In the pile was a Parking Ticket! It claimed my infraction was on July 30 at 1:15 pm about 10 miles from my home.

At that moment, I was sitting on my porch steps, waiting for my free ride to the lumpectomy surgeon checkup and my car was in my driveway but of course I could not prove that.

It said I must pay the fine, $20, within 30 days or risk increases, etc. - It is really really difficult these days for me to deal with going down to the court house to deal with this, deal with finding parking, walking there, going through the security check, etc., etc., etc.

I looked closer. The license plate number was correct but the color was wrong - the “bad” car was white; mine is red. I decided to try to chance it by phone - they did have a number to call, on the ticket, thankfully.

While the gal was checking, she was talking to herself, reading the additional details on the full ticket; what I got was an abbreviated version claiming that I “drove away” while he was writing it and he couldn’t put it on my windshield. I heard her saying that it was an Uber driver dropping off a passenger in a bus zone so I mentioned I am NOT an Uber driver. Then I heard her saying the license plate number but the 2nd and 3rd numbers were transposed. AHA!

When we finished, she said it was corrected. I asked how I could verify that before the 30 days was up in case there was another snafu, so she said I could just call that number again in about two weeks, and she gave me her name, as well.

You can bet I’ll check again in two weeks, to be sure.

Meanwhile, I really really was worried. While on hold, I crossed my fingers, toes, and eyes, and looked pretty silly. I also, of course, said some very heartfelt, pleading, frightened prayers.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for hearing my plea and answering my prayer. Help me to remember to call and verify in two weeks. Thank you, once more, for having my back. I trust in you!

No comments: