Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Asking for Your Immediate Help

Ok, 2 days ago, I posted (here) about a family I know who is suddenly losing their apartment through no fault of their own. The manager will not renew their lease. They must be out BY August 30, 2018. The lease says it can be done "just because."

This family is not wasteful. They try hard to help others. They have no evictions on record, no complaints. There are 5 people involved and a pet or two. The Gofundme post makes it look like they are a young newly married couple but they are adults with a teenage daughter. This is the middle of the Vegas desert heat and summer. They do not have “stashed” funds in savings accounts, etc., and now they will not be able to do anything for the daughter’s 16th birthday next month.

I’m putting a link here to the Gofundme account, started by family. I know them and know they hate asking for help and hate taking help so I’m going further and giving my loving, compassionate friends a second way to donate - the Gofundme account sometimes takes a while for the recipient to get the funds. Transfers to a bank account can take 3 to 5 business days, or they can get a check by snail mail. (https://www.gofundme.com/srjtu-urgent-move)

IF you’d rather send something directly, and which can be used immediately, I can pass along the wife’s PayPal account info by FB messenger - that way, what you send is private BUT it is also immediately accessible - no one, not even me, will know what you sent except for that family. I doubt they will have time to respond to, or thank, those who help, but I do know they will be eternally grateful, and I know for a fact that they will not bother you except to hold you in their hearts.

So, please, dear friends, you know I’ve never asked directly for money for anyone but I do this time - send $5 or $50 or $500 - whatever your heart and budget can do... they only have 6 weeks, but they will need almost immediate funds for a first, last, and deposit... they are already packing, heartbroken.

No comments: