Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Both Medical Appointments This Busy Day Went Well

I’m rather tired from two widely scattered, geographically, medical appointments today. But both went well.

The first was early this morning, at the dermatologist. Last winter, he diagnosed basal cell cancer on my one shoulder blade and referred me for surgery. So he checked and that healed to his satisfaction. While there, he froze (ice-zapped) a half a dozen spots on my back. We are concentrating on any spots/moles that are near the bra line, etc. because he agrees that at my age it is safer to do that than to risk my accidentally scratching one of them open and getting infections. I do not have to see him again until next year. Nice.

The second was right after lunch, at the breast care imaging center. They did a mammogram and an ultrasound and a physical evaluation. No major discomfort from the tests, but I am still peeling little pink stickies off my personal person. The results of that, six months after the lumpectomy and lymph biopsies, were good, as well. We repeat in six months.

But it did tire me out a bit so I’ll post this and relax until later this evening. Tomorrow I must visit the oncologist in the morning. Then next week, a small dental adjustment of the dentures, and it is looking clear for a while after that...

Rolling along...

No comments: