Thursday, February 15, 2018

Emptied 32 Little Plastic Bottles of Water Today...

I’ve been on a food pantry run the past few days. One of the sites passed out a plastic carrier of 32 little plastic bottles of water. It was a real challenge to get that case from the car trunk, down the driveway, up the 4 steps, and into the house, but I did it thanks to 3 little "stops" along the way.

This morning, I took my empty 3-gallon jug off the dispensing crock and put it on a stool. I then took my time and emptied all those 32 little bottles, one by one. When the 3-gallon jug was filled, I finished off the rest of them into 2 one-gallon jugs.

Then I took all the empties out to the big rolling recycle bin we each have in our senior mobile home park. Today was trash day and I was so happy to toss them all at the same time and get it over with.

I was thrilled to get that water but I can’t handle those flimsy little bottles. I’m too old which in my case means I really, really grasp those bottles tightly whenever I’m using one. I end up squishing those flimsy things. So, in the long run, it was better to just transfer them once and get it over with. Now I don’t need to take that 3-gallon jug to the store to fill it up for quite a while.

Rolling along...