Friday, December 1, 2017

Plans: Falling Apart vs Falling Into Place

I really get annoyed at myself when I begin to sound like I am whining or whimpering. Early this afternoon I was quickly overwhelmed when I found my Service Engine Soon light on yet again. I felt that my plans for this weekend were falling apart.

Called my guy, reaffirmed that light is important and that it protects many areas of the vehicle and needs to be diagnosed. Especially if the engine shudders a bit when driving - that part I’m not sure whether I imagined or really experienced.

Either way, it must be checked.

I kept thinking of all I wanted to do tomorrow and Sunday after I deliver my share of our park’s newsletters on foot. I knew I’d be tired when finished and didn’t relish jumping right into the car at that point and driving over there.

Then I remembered all the plans I had for the car in the next few weeks. I knew I still needed to get out and get some pompons for stuffing, drop some baby quilts at Baby’s Bounty next week, hopefully hit 2 food pantries before the surgeries, get to the podiatrist on Wednesday morning, get some things at the store before those upcoming surgeries.

If this had not happened today, I would not be checking it this early in the game in this instance. Something could easily have happened while I was out on the road. It could even have happened after my surgeries when I would have been out on the road, sore from the operations.

At that point, I realized what had happened. My plans were not falling apart. His plans were falling into place.

Thank you, Father...thank you, yet again!

No comments: