Saturday, December 2, 2017

Managed Some Productivity Today, Gently

Considering how the day began, I managed to get some things done today.

Early on, I hand delivered half of my share of the park’s newsletters to about 60 porch railings. Back in the day, it would be quick but I am still happy to say I do it, at my own pace, in about an hour. Tomorrow I will do another run, about the same amount.

As soon as I was done, I drove over to my guy and had them check the car. Most of you already know it was the coil from an earlier post. I could probably use a full tune-up but my guys know my financial situation and we’re doing it as each thing comes up. This will be done the next time it misfires, but the next time, I won’t be so concerned. I know now what to expect and what to do.

By the time I got back home, it was somewhere between 9 and 9:30 but I had been going non-stop since around 6, so I heeded my bod and sat back on the lift chair and just vegged out for a while.
Later, around 1, I re-activated myself. Changed the kitty litter. That requires gently local broom sweeping of the area. I have no idea why these fur babies love scattering that stuff so much!.I had a light lunch (salmon/mashed-avocado salad, some pickled beets, and some steamed green cauliflower) of a sort of salad plate.

I’ve already printed some medical forms I need to fill out, scan and re-send before Monday, so I might at least take my first look at them. If they are simple, I’ll do them today. If not, I’ll finish them tomorrow. There are 12 pages!

I had pre-soaked a 2lb bag of pinto beans yesterday. I’ll be using some of those with other “stuff” this evening to cook a crock pot of shredded pork chili overnight.  I pretty much have that pot filled but I’m hoping the onions and peppers cook down so that I don’t have to scoop some stuff out before it overflows during the night...once in a great while, I over-fill and forget that this type of cooking creates liquid from the slow cooking and steaming.

No comments: