Saturday, December 16, 2017

Life’s Pace Has a Purpose

Tonight I was thinking about how fast I’ve needed to move on medical, financial, automotive and other issues the past couple of months. Many days I have felt a bit concerned that I could not measure up to what the Lord wanted or expected of me.

Obviously, it keeps working out. But obviously, there are days when I am worn out.

Sometimes this is not a bad thing. We often complain when life tosses a bunch of problems at us all at the same time. When I look back, I can see that if the pace had been slower I might not have handled things as well as I did.

If we humans have too much time to think on our own, we are prone to mistakes. When things move fast, we are more prone to plead with God for help. And we really do need his help when things get tough.

I will need to try to always be mindful of this way of looking at the way life tosses things my way. God doesn’t necessarily toss them at us. But when we ask for his help, he does shield us from anything we cannot handle, and I believe he does expect, and want, us to ask for his help along the way.

Father in heaven, thank you for always being there to help me when I have the sense to ask for it. And thank you, in retrospect, for keeping things moving, dizzy as it might make me, so that I don’t have too much time to think too much on my own - you know my limits and capabilities much better than I do.

No comments: