Sunday, December 3, 2017

Am I Being Too Pushy, Father?

It occurred to me this morning, Father, while I was walking gently, delivering the monthly newsletters, that I might be a bit pushy in my assumptions and hopes on this surgery issue.

I have been telling everyone, and assuming myself, that both the breast lumpectomy (with its accompanying lymph biopsy) and the basal cell carcinoma surgery, would be done and over with, except for healing and checkups, this month. I’ve even gone so far as to say “before Christmas.”
I have absolutely no reason to assume that at the moment. They haven’t even called me to schedule it. This time of year, many medical personnel take extended holiday breaks.

So, I really need to simmer down and relax into your plans for these events, not mine.

Father in Heaven, please forgive my brash assumptions and hopes. Instead, I pray for the grace and wisdom and patience to simply accept your timing on these events. I trust in what you are working on. I trust in your wisdom as to how and when it should be done. I trust in you.

No comments: