Friday, November 24, 2017

Playing Life’s Game

I have often said that when things get tough, I try to make a game out of what’s happening. I find the easiest paths, the best outlooks, whatever I can do to make it less stressful. I’ve been trying to do that with this series of tests, appointments and upcoming procedures.

I do think I need to make a chart, also, for everything. A calendar page won’t do it. I need columns. Perhaps one that says Book a Ride and one that says Ride Booked. I need to put both the appointment time and the ride pickup time. And of course, I need the rest of the info: who, what, where, and when. The Rides columns will cover the how’s...That should do it. Maybe this weekend.

The MRI is scheduled. I called them today. That one is for the afternoon of Dec. 6th, and that morning, I’ll also be at the podiatrist for my quarterly visit. I can’t change the podiatrist or I’ll need to wait quite a while for another - they are always booked way in advance.

This morning, our Office was closed but not the Clubhouse, so I went for the Charity Crafters. Started another homeless scarf.

Tomorrow morning is the blood test. I had hoped to get a haircut before the two surgeries: breast lumpectomy and basal cell carcinoma but I’m not sure whether I can do that tomorrow.

Bills are all paid for the month, thank heaven and heaven’s help. And I have enough to pay for the rest of the month’s wound care supplies.

So, tonight, at least, nothing new and difficult appeared on the horizon or on the list...that’s good.

No comments: