Sunday, November 26, 2017

Prayers Got Me Through an Active but Productive Day - Freezer

Tonight I must say some heartfelt prayers of thanks that I got through this day in fine fashion. I finally defrosted my old upright freezer. I took my time but I did notice that I was beginning to lose patience with the time it was taking, toward the end. Praying off and on certainly did help it go well. Found myself doing that a lot today.

Thankfully, I got that freezer done and the floor dried and the food back inside. I did have enough sense to call a friend just before I was finished. He came over and helped me pull it out, dry the floor in back, plug it back in, and shove it back in place. Bless him.

Meanwhile, I also put together the draft for the monthly newsletter, plus some articles I promised another group.

Oh, and because I pretty much have no arches, my feet have no real support when I’m standing a lot, which I did today. Even arch support inserts only help so much. So I was not surprised this evening with a series of visits from Charley Horse. Did a bit of praying during those times, let me tell you. Why do they hurt so much? One issue most of us like the least. It's up there with a pinky toe stub...

Tomorrow morning will be very busy but should simmer down by 9:30 a.m. - then I can relax until they pick me up around 1:15 for the surgeon’s consult appointment.

Father in heaven, you are always there to help me when I have enough sense to ask you for that help. Sometimes we humans just keep pushing along on our own. It is so much easier with your help. Why are we so dense that we forget so often? No matter. I am very grateful for all your help today - strength, fortitude (so that I didn’t stall yet again), stamina (to keep going gently), wisdom (to ask for help when needed) and so much more. Thank you.

No comments: