Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Medical Appointment Mania Looms

We’ve all gone through these spells, if not for ourselves, then for a household member. Finally got all my referrals, follow-ups, etc., etc., etc., lined up again.

Next Wednesday is the mammo to verify that lump is only calcification, but to also just have a point of referral for any future issues, on record.

First week of December is a double-header. One morning is the podiatrist. That’s my new quarterly nail cutting since at my silly old age it’s more tricky and less safe for me to do them myself.

And one afternoon is the plastic surgeon. No, I won’t come back looking like my 20-something self, but I hope to come back feeling better about my situation. It’s for the basal cell carcinoma on my back on the shoulder blade. He’ll excise it completely, hopefully, and stitch it. The thing is, I am still doing wound care on the previous excision from about a month ago, morning and night, and it is very difficult because of the placement of the covering I’ve got to twist around in front of a mirror to apply. I will be so relieved when this part is all over.

So, hopefully, I’ll end the year with a few medical issues dealt with and resolved happily. If things are a bit inconvenient and sore along the way, so be it. I’ve been through much worse.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You’re getting stretching exercise and flexibility. It’s not all bad. Just keep taking good care of yourself.

Evelyn Mayfield said...

That's how I look at it, Cindy. However, it is the size of a quarter and trying to reach backwards, twisted, looking into mirror, means I often miss the mark and have to waste supplies and re-do - I have to be so careful to avoid getting the adhesive edges on the wound itself...a challenge! LOL