Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Foodie - Trying to Get Caught Up on Food Prep

I should be getting more produce in another week or so, from one food pantry and one farmer’s market. I really do have to catch up on the stuff that is already in my fridge bins and prep them before they spoil.

Today, I finally rinsed and trimmed a pound of strawberries. And I took a deep breath and stood my ground at the counter and diced all 3 lbs of pears; made 2 4-cup tubs; froze 1. I had a 2-lb deli container of jello which I portioned into little 1/2 cup containers to make it easier to grab and eat when the mood strikes.

This evening, I skinned 10 chicken thighs for overnight in crock pot in BBQ sauce. I’ll pack them individually in the morning.

Tomorrow, I really hope to make another batch of yogurt smoothies so I’ll have them for a week of easy access.

There are still those 4 squash to deal with - I love them when they are cooked but I tend to stall on the prep.

And I am still stalling on defrosting that upright freezer, but I hope to do it this month, no later!

No comments: