Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Gently Active Morning Planned

I plan a gently busy morning and a relaxed afternoon and a relaxed Thanksgiving.

This morning, I must stuff 3 cat toy octopi and sew them closed so I can deliver all 5 to my neighbor tomorrow. I’ll do those and because I am forced to sit while I do that, I’ll watch Kelly and Ryan and Price Is Right.

While I am doing those, I will have the dryer going on no-heat-fluff to freshen a dozen or more (might be up to 2 dozen - have to count these) of the tees a neighbor gave me for our homeless donations. They are clean but have a slight musty closet smell and even the homeless, and especially the homeless, can use something with a fresh smell once in a while. I’ll toss in a dryer sheet for a lift. Then I’ll bag and tag those and they can go out with the 8 bags and 2 boxes that one of our team is picking up tomorrow. She and her hubby will deliver them in a day or so to the gal who will take them to the priest who personally distributes them directly to the homeless.

Anyhow, I hope to clear off any areas I need for the defrosting on the weekend so that I have no excuses to delay that. If I’m going to be out of commission, here and there, a day or a week, from any strenuous activity, I want the freezer freshly defrosted and full of stuff I can just grab and nuke. I’ll be fitting in food projects off and on where time and energy permits, over the coming days, weeks, months.

So, I only need to finish the cat toy order, fluff and tag the tees, and a little pre-straightening for the weekend. With the rest of the day, I’ll do whatever catches my eye or any easy food prep that will take something off my to-do lists. But I’ve promised myself it is all sweet and easy.

Friday, even though our clubhouse is closed, I might still do the 2 hours over there for the charity crafting in case someone stops by. It’s relaxing and it’s close. Years ago, I’d have walked over there. Maybe, come spring, I might give it a whirl on foot once more.

This weekend, I begin the December newsletter so I can get it out for proofing on Monday morning, proofing changes Tuesday, printing Wednesday, stapling Thursday, and rolling my half on Friday for delivery on the weekend.

I suspect I will be constantly moving on medical issues, between consults, tests, and surgeries, all during December, on one cancer or another...I am happy to have crochet orders and projects in mind to keep me nice and sane, and away we goooooo, as Jackie Gleason would say...

No comments: