Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Make Me a Beacon, Not a Rain Cloud

With the upcoming medical issues, it is important for me to keep my attitude on track. I do not want to slide from a cup half full person to a cup half empty one.

I had looked toward this coming Christmas season as one of less stress than previous years. Roof is fixed. Pipes are replaced. Bills are reasonably well under control. Car is behaving.

Up pops two forms of cancer. One on my back, on my shoulder blade. The other, my left breast.

But the good thing is all those other things are gone. I cannot imagine what it would be like to deal with the upcoming tests, consults, surgery and even more, if I were also dealing without running water, or a leaky roof, a troubled car, or all the late fees I incurred almost every month on the bills.

So, there are many reasons to rejoice this Thanksgiving.

I am, however, concerned about others. I have one friend whose partner is having major medical issues and whose son is in casts from his wrists up to his elbows. Terrible way to spend the holiday. Another friend lost his beloved wife, his fur baby cat, and his mom, all in one month, last month. Still another...well, you see where I am going.

Heavenly Father, make me a beacon, not a rain cloud. Help me to see how you always light my path. Hear my plea, my prayers, for my friends and loved ones, that they, too, might see a ray of sunshine on their own path. Please have mercy on them, each and every one.

No comments: