Thursday, October 12, 2017

We Could Use a Prayer for my Brother

Tomorrow my baby brother (now 74) finally gets that kidney biopsy. He is not the least bit afraid of the procedure or any part of that process. He has a good pain threshold.

However, he and his wife spent decades on rooftops, bent over, stooping, and squatting for their roofing and siding work. As a result, his back took the hit.

For this procedure, afterwards (similar, I expect, to an angiogram afterwards) he must lie still for a couple of hours. That pain, lying on his back, for that long, will be horrible for him.

So, if you have a moment, could you squeeze out a wee prayer that he miraculously has an easy time of that? I would be so grateful.

Sweet Lord Jesus, none of us endures the pain you endured in your last days. I have no clue how you could even stand upright after all the brutality inflicted upon you for our sakes. But because you do know pain, and have felt it, I ask for your compassion for my brother. I can’t help him in any way except this - to ask for that favor. We trust in you.

No comments: