Thursday, October 12, 2017

Discovered a Treasure for Homeless Scarves

You all know I call this old mobile home my archaeological dig because of the clutter. Well, this Fri., Sat., and Sun., we have our Fall park wide yard sale. We have one in the Spring, too.

This time, I dug into a corner I haven’t “visited” for a long time. This time, though, I wanted to get the boxes of crochet, knit and craft magazines and patterns, and get them out of here.

Along the way, I had to move some other boxes.

Lo and behold, I found a “banana box” (if you’ve ever moved, you know those boxes) filled with pre-crocheted squares. There are several stacks of different size and different pattern squares. There are enough squares here, from what I saw quickly, to make at least 6 good scarves for the local homeless, about 48” long, similar to the one in the photo.

That’s about the length we stick to. It’s long enough to wrap around once, and even long enough for most folks to put the scarf over their head to cover their ears.

What a treat and what a treasure. Can’t wait for the weekend to be over to dig through it and lay out a few that will work.

No comments: