Thursday, October 12, 2017

I Think I’m Ready for the Yard Sale

I’m writing this just after Noon on Thursday satisfied that I am ready - I think.

The heaviest thing I dealt with was a pair of banana boxes loaded with crochet, knit and craft patterns and magazines. I had to bump them down the steps.

The floppiest things I dealt with were 3 spreads in kitchen trash bags and they just sort of hung on my arms. But they are out there.

Every other year, I was able to carry 3 cinder blocks towards the front of the open side of my driveway. The folding tables go up against the house side. Those blocks are getting heavier and heavier - what gives? Anyhow, I always spaced them out and then placed 2 1x4 pieces of wood across the top, and I was then able to stage boxes on top of the wooden slabs. This year, I wasn’t even going to tackle those cinder blocks. I used two milk-crates, upended, to support the 1x4’s.

I am quitting now, though. I need air in my lungs to blow up 3 balloons tonight so I can tie them outside tomorrow. I have the 3 boxes with my space number on them already in my car trunk, with 3 big rocks to hold them in place on 3 corners, pointing over here. My “bank” is ready - I just have to get some quarters in a change purse.

Food is in the fridge - I get so hungry for nibbles these 2-1/2 days. A friend gave me pizza a while back and I froze 4 pieces; I took them out. I took out some big fat poppy seed muffins. I’ve got previously frozen French toast ready to make a quick slice slathered with peanut butter each day. I’ve got fruit and jello so I can make some tasty bowls quick. I’ve got 3 Lean Cuisine’s in the fridge-top freezer for easy grabbing when I am done each day and tired. I just packed a bucket (nice, sturdy, with carry handle) for my crochet, my bank, my tablet/clipboard for scribbling down anything I don’t want to forget while I am outside.

I’m eating one of my veggie omelets as I finish this post. Then I’ll do the few dishes and jump (make that walk) into the shower, dry off, and chill for an hour or two to Blue Bloods re-runs.

Tomorrow is a little stressful. I have a hard time dragging it all to where it goes, laying it out, etc., etc., etc. but it should only take an hour or less. After that, it’s just vegging except for customers, from 8 to 3. Talk to you all later, if I feel like getting online this evening before bed.

No comments: