Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Very Productive Day, Thank Goodness

I only have today and tomorrow for yard sale prep, and not a full day today at that. Still, I managed to get some things done.

Early, I ran out and dropped off two bill payments, went to our park Office and got reimbursed for the yard sale ad I placed in our local newspaper, and got into the bank to get some 5's and 1's for the sale - a “bank” for the first customers who might need change.

As soon as I got back in the house, I changed out of street clothes and went out and around the back to the shed. Brought out the 4 tables (2 card tables and 2 longer ones) in two trips. Those card tables are strangely heavier than the longer tables - go figure. Anyhow, I always bring the heaviest out first, then the easier ones. Also went back and brought out the dolly. I use that to move boxes from the back patio area up to the front of the drive for the tables, etc. Oh, and I remembered to bring out the cardboard boxes with my house number on them for the corners inside the park, pointing my way.

As soon as that was done, my friends from 60 miles away arrived and dropped off 300 caps for adults, 33 for preemies, about 10 baby quilts, and also some produce for me (squash, eggplant, apricots, peaches, etc.). I'll try to take some photos of her work next week. We talked for about 15 minutes. 

While they were here, my one neighbor walked over with some shirts I agreed to put out for him/us at $2 each. The deal is, we split 50-50 on those. He said if there are any left, I can sell them any way I want to and keep that. I don’t think there will be many left. Lots of them (there are close to 40 in total) are tees, some with Vegas themes from some hotels and there are even a few Star Trek themed tees, one for Quark’s Bar - wish I liked the color of that one -

After everyone left, I managed to get all the charity projects into the house and into the back closet and some of it up onto the shelves.

At this point, I am seriously but happily tired. Tomorrow I must slightly rearrange the back patio so I can take things from the house and stash them there for Friday morning. The good thing is that after I’ve done that, and crawl into bed tomorrow night, and set up Friday morning, I’m a prisoner (a happy one) for 2-1/2 days outside - and our weather should be nice.

No comments: