Monday, October 30, 2017

So Many In Need of Prayer

So many people in need of prayer, it seems. I’m not sure why it seems so much more than ever. Maybe I’m more aware of the needs of others now that I am older. Maybe it’s because most of those I know are older now, as am I. Maybe it’s the world, the economy, or any of a lot of other reasons. No matter.

I’m thinking of a couple who I used to know here in town, who moved clear across the country to somewhere in New York state. So devoted, as are several other couples I know and care about. But they are separated for medical reasons. Between the two of them, if it isn’t one of them under some kind of treatment or therapy, it’s the other. This time, they’ve been separated for what has seemed like a very long time. He misses her so much.

I’m thinking of a wonderful, prayer-filled woman who is trying to find a “window” in her life so that she can leave to visit a loved one in another state - things keep happening to delay her departure.

I’m thinking of a family that is on very hard times. Their whole world has been upside down for a few years and now they’ve had another blow to deal with.

Just a few of the many. There are a few dozen on my personal prayer list! The thing is, each of these folks, I know for a fact, are always ready and eager to pray for others in need.

Sweet Lord Jesus, please look compassionately upon the lives of these and other folks on my prayer list. Please bless them with whatever they need to deal with each of their situations. You know what they need. They have blessed others in prayer. I ask you now to bless them. We trust in you.

No comments: