Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Goodbye, October - It’s Been Interesting!

I just reviewed this month. Amazing. I began it wondering how to pay for the end of September car battery. That worked itself out. But during the first week, we discovered the spark plugs needed replacing. That, too, worked itself out.

I was blessed with two different lunches with friends. Once with neighbors in here, and once with a former co-worker/friend. I do so enjoy eating out from time to time, and good company makes it even better.

The month’s bills somehow all got paid, and I have no late fees looming to start the next month.

I managed to take care of the usual events - the monthly newsletter production and delivery, plus the semi-annual park wide yard sale.

I was blessed with a used recumbent exercise bike that is far easier for me to use than the earlier stationery bike I found on Freecycle.

Happily, I was able to drop off six huge bags of baby items locally from our charity crafting efforts.

Friends with a huge garden brought me some great produce plus a zillion caps for the homeless. I sent them back with more yarn. What a blessing that pair is!

Feeding a friend’s collies was a nice fun few days along the way.

It was an unusually, for me, medically active month.

Apparently I have rocks in my head. Two nights in a row, I went through entire nights of extreme vertigo while lying in bed. After a Facebook post, two friends clued me to the possibility of BPPV - Benign Proximal Positional Vertigo. Apparently, occasionally, little crystals appear in the inner ear and when we move a certain way, they jiggle and make us severely dizzy. I’ve been careful since and no repeats. One day, though, I must ask my PC guy to refer me for a real check up to verify that so that I do not worry if it happens again.

I even made a stop to get my flu shot.

My visit to the dermatologist led to a back of the shoulder blade biopsy. That will require deeper excision and stitches once we can get the scheduling done.

And my visit to check on the lump in one breast seems to lean toward benign calcification but we’re scheduling to be sure.

I am very concerned about quite a few friends who are dealing with a wide variety of financial, medical and other matters...

I can easily see that the ups more than balanced the downs on the journey this month. I pray that it was that way for most of you, as well.

No comments: