Thursday, November 2, 2017

Hello, November!

I forgot to mention night before last, the 31st, that I also managed to somehow send in 3 more stories to the Chicken Soup for the Soul folks. I keep moving along on these. Hope to repeat my joy again one of these months.

Had to get a little active in the kitchen today. Projects piling up and doing them makes things easier next few days.

Made 2 quarts of milk from the dry powder; ground some walnuts; made carrot/raisin/avocado salad; and made a tub of Jello.

I use that milk for cereal each day. The chopped walnuts went into a peanut butter jar and I’ll add a heaping tablespoon of those along with chopped peanuts to my oatmeal when I have that. The carrot/raisin salad is something I love to nosh on when a craving for something sweet but filling hits me plus it’s healthy. And I use 2 small boxes of sugar free gelatin in 2 different flavors and it fills a 2-lb deli container and also satisfies my sweet tooth in a healthy way.

I still have so much to do. Things moved really fast in October and my plans were constantly being revised but it all went well. Still, I need to get stuff off the back of my driveway this weekend. I’m hoping to do a pretty good job of that Saturday and Sunday - sorting for thrift store pickup, etc.

Tomorrow and Saturday, I really really must do up those squash that are in the bins in the fridge!

I hope and pray that this month I can concentrate a lot on making things for the holidays.

But like the tortoise and the hare, slow and steady will get me there.

No comments: