Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Month Should End on a Pleasant Note

Well, yesterday I phoned in my utility payments (gas, electric, phone) and also a $4 co-pay for an x-ray earlier this year. That means the last of my bills are paid for this month. That is such a relief when that happens.

I am so grateful for it working out this month. God has blessed me from so many angles. He is amazing! His people are amazing!

Of course, I’m facing that spark plug job on the car but that is covered pretty much. The yard sale helped, as did some other efforts. I’ve been trying to beef up my Swagbucks efforts once more. I got behind on that with so much going on. I also hope to get more Chicken Soup for the Soul material sent their way. I can’t expect the Almighty to help me if I am not at least trying to help myself.

Meanwhile, I know he always has my back. Whether my concerns are medical, financial, or whatever - I know that. He always sends help - sometimes that is just the right word from just the right friend - sometimes it is more tangible. For example, I have several huge spreads and two huge comforters which a neighbor gave me to sell. I can put those in our newsletter Personals. But first I have to really unfold, inspect, and refold them. I am vertically challenged. I keep stalling and then, suddenly, another neighbor suggested she and her hubby walk across to my place and help me do that! How great is His timing? They have their own problems, these two, and I worry for them, but here they are, willing to help me.

Don’t ever let anyone tell you the whole world is rotten. We each owe it to ourselves to keep our hearts and minds open to the blessings he has in store, whether large or small - I love those blessings!

Thank you, Father, for your help. You helped your son carry his cross. Mine is nowhere near as heavy as his was, but you help me, too, whenever I need it. Please glance at the lives of those who have helped me, in even the smallest way, and help them in whatever way they need your help!

No comments: