Sunday, September 24, 2017

Long-Delayed Thanks for Things in General

It occurred to me tonight that I haven’t thanked the Lord recently for a lot of things in general.

There are so many things that I noticed throughout the day. Sometimes I squeeze in a quick “Thank you” to him, mentally.

You know the kind of things I mean.

For instance, we’ve had a lot wind here lately. A lot of wind. Up to 40 mph gusts. That happens here. We expect it. But we do also worry about property damage. I am very thankful for His protection during the recent winds. When I see the awful natural disasters that have devastated lives and property in recent weeks, in our country and nearby, I am even more grateful. Tonight I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, a working computer, a working (for now) car, and more.

Yes, there are more than enough things to thank him for, each and every day. His protection, his love, his comfort. It feels so good knowing he understands, having lived here on earth himself, in a human body. He had friends and relatives. His mother traveled a great distance just before his birth, and the little family had to uproot themselves and travel to a foreign land immediately afterwards to protect themselves from assassins. Oh, yes, I am so grateful that my Lord totally understands humanity, its good aspects and bad alike.

Sweet Jesus, thank the Father for me for all that I have. And thank you for all the love and protection you shower upon me day after day, in spite of my unworthiness. I trust in you.

No comments: