Monday, September 25, 2017

Plans for the Day - Charity Crafts & Food

Nice and cool out there today. I love it. While I’m waiting for the newsletter proofing changes, and maybe additions from management, I’ll do a few other things.

Plan to do some of my Eggs/Bread projects (French toast, Pickled Eggs, Bread Pudding). I’ll do my “148 French Toast” - that’s what I call my personal preference in proportions and I named it so I could easily remember how much of each - was that smart of me or what? Maybe some of that rumored “old age wisdom” is finally trickling in. Anyhow, I use 1 cup milk, 4 eggs, and 8 slices bread, more or less, and it works fine for my taste. I also sometimes toss in some cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, and/or vanilla. Today, plain is good enough because I am freezing these in batches of 4 per container or baggie.

The other big project for today, now that the back bedroom is cooler, is to gather, document, and pack all the bags of our charity crafting projects that will to our local Baby’s Bounty. They take baby items for newborn to a year old. Mostly, we make caps, jackets/sweaters, and blankies. Occasionally, we toss in bibs, booties, other things that our fingers just cannot help making.

Maybe I can take those bags to Baby’s Bounty tomorrow or Thursday...I’ll toss them in the trunk today and open up some space in the back bedroom. I should also, along the way, sort and pack any other charity stuff and put it into that huge closet until distribution time for the homeless.

If I do both of these things today, I will feel I’ve done well.    

No comments: