Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Taking a Short Break in the Morning Activities

Had crock pot going with some baby ribs from freezer and a free jar of bbq sauce, by 5:30 a.m. - took recycle tubs to curb and trash to curb. Had breakfast. 

Laid out apples and pears to dice/nuke and use from fridge for cereals (will do these in an hour or so), laid out carrots (still need to chop these but they are cooked), celery and raisins for the carrot/raisin/avocado salad (will do these in an hour or so).

Over the next week or so, I still want to make a pea soup with the last meaty ham bone, use the small pork roast some way, and cook up about 4 boneless pork chops and 2 small boneless chicken breasts.

After my “break” I must also stroll through the house carefully going through all my charity yarn (it’s in various “stashes” in here) and gathering enough for several Trader Joe bags (courtesy of a TJ-loving neighbor!) for one of our charity crafting team to pick up tomorrow. Hopefully, along the way, I might actually sort-of sort the yarn and organize it a little better.

Yesterday I finally called the dermatologist for my consult - it won’t be until mid-October. Praying those questionable things on my back/shoulder will not get worse until then. I’ve stalled a lot on this and gave myself pretty good reasons but I know I should have done this much sooner. Can’t ignore it any longer.

Time for a little coffee, a little morning news, a little break...then just a little more to do. Then I can do "sitting" things this afternoon after the humidity seeps into the cracks and crevices of my beloved old mobile home.

No comments: