Sunday, June 11, 2017

Messed Up My Crock Pot Meal Tonight

I’m almost afraid to taste my soup tomorrow morning. 

A friend dropped off some zucchini from their garden this week. I knew I had some “stuff” in the fridge and pantry and freezer. So this evening I began “building” a soup to cook overnight.

Tossed the broth on the bottom. Cut the 2 chicken leg quarters into 2 legs, 2 thighs. I’ll de-bone them in the morning. Added a can of string beans, some celery and onion. and a half cup of barley. Then I used my mandolin to thin-slice 1 green zucchini and half of the yellow one. That pretty much filled the 4-1/2 qt pot.

After I set the crock into the pot on the pantry counter and turned it on, I went back into the kitchen and washed everything. As I was rinsing the empty broth box, I realized why the broth was darker than I expected. It wasn’t chicken broth. It’s beef broth.

I have absolutely no idea what this will taste like when it’s done in the morning. I’m not sure I want to know.

Life is an adventure, right?

No comments: